Jordanna Cytrynbaum (she/her/hers) is a partner in the Advocacy Practice Group at Cassels. Jordanna’s commercial litigation practice focuses on complex multi-party litigation. She brings strategic thinking and practical problem-solving to all her clients. Jordanna regularly represents clients before all levels of court, administrative tribunals and in arbitrations.
Jordanna’s experience includes:
- Representing and advising private sector real estate clients such as developers, owners of land, shopping malls and strata corporations in development matters, contract disputes, leasing matters, property transfer tax disputes, strata property disputes, foreclosures and municipal law issues.
- Acts for individuals and corporations in connection with contract disputes, trust claims, defamation claims, civil fraud, shareholder disputes and governance issues.
- Acts for parties before provincial securities commission, administrative tribunals and on judicial review. Jordanna also recently acted as an adjudicator for the British Columbia Civil Resolution Tribunal.
- Defending parties in securities class action litigation, a distributor in a medical products liability claim, a financial institution ina national class action involving pre-paid gift cards issued by financial institutions.
- Representing employers in wrongful dismissal claims, human rights complaints and other employment related litigation such as disability insurance litigation, privacy, departing employee cases and competitive loss claims.
- Advising employers on issues related to establishing, managing and terminating employment relationship, as well training, investigations and conflicts of interest matters.
- Acts for service providers and strata corporations in connection with human rights complaints before provincial Human Rights Tribunals.
- Acts for clients in the private and public sectors in connection with a variety of construction disputes, including in relation to real estate development, the energy sector and infrastructure projects, procurement issues, surety claims and regulatory matters.
Jordanna regularly contributes to various law publications and is a frequent presenter on a variety of corporate, commercial, real estate, and employment law topics for the Canadian Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Association of BC, PBLI, the Vancouver Leasing Conference, the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, CREW, and for clients. She is the co-author of the Real Esatechapter for Annual Review of Law and Practice and the Collapsing Deal chapter of British Columbia Real Estate Practice Manual.
Prior to joining Cassels, Jordanna served as the lead of the Commercial Litigation and Employment Law Specialty Groups at a boutique litigation firm based in Vancouver.
Updated March 2022